Compare Medical Plans
The County of San Luis Obispo offers 5 different types of medical plans for different needs and budgets. Every plan includes free preventive care from network providers to check that you’re staying healthy. Each plan provides its own network of doctors, hospitals and labs. The differences are in cost, flexibility and access to care. For the most current plan information, please review the current Employee Benefits Brochure.
Review the Summary of Benefits (SOB) or Evidence of Coverages (EOC) to learn more about each individual medical plan.
Unsure what some of these terms mean for you and your dependents? Visit the Choosing a Medical Plan page to learn more about these key terms and other considerations.
Blue Shield Medical Plans and Networks
|2024 Plan Name
|2024 Network Name
|Blue Shield Tandem PPO
|Tandem PPO Network
|Blue Shield Choice PPO
|Blue Shield of California PPO
|Blue Shield Care PPO
|Blue Shield EPO
|Blue Shield High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
|Blue Shield Medicare PPO
|Blue Shield Medicare EPO
Use the plan names and networks information to help you do a Blue Shield Provider Search.
- Employer Group: "PRISM - County of San Luis Obispo"
- Group Number: W8002724
Continuity of Care
Any member who has any qualifying medical condition with a non-contracted provider will need to complete a Continuity of Care form (see form below).
- In Network transitional coverage is provided for 90 days following the date of contract termination.
- Applies only if members are receiving ongoing care, or are scheduled to receive care, and are not enrolled in a new health plan. Or, if their doctor isn’t in their new plan’s network.
- Additionally, one of the circumstances listed below must apply:
- Member is treatment for a serious and complex condition.
- are in a hospital or other inpatient facility.
- are scheduled for non-elective surgery by your current doctor, including your post-operative care for the surgery.
- are pregnant.
- are terminally ill
How To Apply:
- Fill out the Anthem Continuity of Care form (see below).
- Contact Anthem at 800-967-3015
- Contact Accolade for support in this process 866-406-1275
Blue Shield Claims
You can submit manual/paper claims to Blue Shield using the below addresses.
For claims within California:
Blue Shield of CA
PO Box 272540
Chico, CA 95927-2540
For claims outside of California:
Blue Shield of CA
Attn: Blue Card
PO Box 272630
Chico, CA 95927-2630
Related Forms & Documents