When searching for an out of state provider, you will use the Blue Card PPO network. If prompted for a plan code, use EMF.
To find the specific out of state provider search, scroll to the bottom of the Blue Shield Search page. You will go to the section titled "Accessing Care Outside CA" and choose "Providers outside of CA."
- This will prompt you to leave the Blue Shield website. Click to confirm and leave the website.
- Start with choosing a location and plan:
- Location: Enter an address, city, or zip code
- Find your plan by prefix: Enter EMF
- You may now search for specific doctors, specialties, facilities, etc.