News & Announcements
Public Works Actions for Shandon Water System
SLO County Public Works Department, with free help from the Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC), is preparing a grant application with the goal of receiving Proposition 1 funds to do all preliminary engineering associated with needed water system improvement projects. The Proposition 1 funds are via the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB).
Anticipated Draft Schedule, as follows:
- December 2020 - Submit Planning Grant Application
- August 2021 - Award Decision Announcement
- If Awarded, return to Board to execute financial assistance agreement*
- August 2021 - Preliminary Planning and Engineering Begins
- Return to Board for certification of Environmental Document
- August 2022 - Identify and apply for Implementation Grant Opportunities
- If Awarded Implementation funds, Return to Board to execute future funding agreement
- June 2024 - Projects Enter Construction
*If unsuccessful in obtaining the planning grant, other grant opportunities will be pursued.
CSA 16 Planning Grant Process - Click for larger view
March 24, 2020 Public Hearing - Rate Increase Passed
On March 24th the public hearing for the proposed rate increase was held. The Clerk of the Board counted all of the protest ballots received and found there was not a majority protest. Per Proposition 218 requirements the rate increase was passed and a new water rate ordinance adopted. However, due to the COVID19 Pandemic, the rate increase will not go into effect until 30 days after the Local COVID19 Emergency is terminated. Until the Local COVID19 Emergency is over, water rates will remain at the current rate (see below).
The new approved rates can be found here: English / Español
PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shutdowns
Power Outage Preparedness
PG&E’s Amended 2019 Wildfire Safety Plan
Median Household Income Study Report - Completed in 2019
Shandon drinking water customers (CSA 16) were asked to participate in a Median Household Income (MHI) survey. The results and final report can be viewed here.