Post-Aid Services

Who can use this service?

This service is only available for families with former Welfare-to-Work or Cal-Learn eligibility that are discontinued from the CalWORKs Program and are employed are eligible to receive Post Aid Services.

Is there a charge for this service?

This service is provided free of charge.

What is the process?

Step 1: Post Aid Services

CalWORKs Post Aid offers job retention services for former CalWORKs/Welfare-to-Work participants.  CalWORKs Post Aid can be requested by calling any of the county Social Service offices and inquiring about your status and eligibility to the program.

When and where is this service offered?

To request Post Aid Services, the former participant must contact their assigned case manager. Social Services Department Offices are open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Closed on county-observed holidays).

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Morro Bay Social Services

Monday - Friday 8-5

600 Quintana Road Morro Bay , CA 93442

Tel: (805) 772-6405

Fax: (805) 772-6409

SLO Social Services- Higuera

Monday - Friday 8-5

3433 South Higuera San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Tel: (805) 781-1600

Arroyo Grande Social Services

Monday - Friday 8-5

1086 East Grand Avenue Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Tel: (805) 474-2000

Nipomo Social Services

Monday - Friday 8-5

681 West Tefft Street Suite 1 Nipomo, CA 93444

Tel: (805) 931-1800

Atascadero Social Services

Monday - Friday 8-5

9415 El Camino Real Atascadero, CA 93422

Tel: (805) 461-6000

Paso Robles Social Services

Monday - Friday 8-5

406 Spring Street Paso Robles, CA 93446

Tel: (805) 237-3110

Frequently Asked Questions

What types of services can I get through Post Aid?

Post Aid Services include, but are not limited to, childcare, mileage reimbursement, tools or other work-related or approved costs and referrals to other agencies as needed.

How long can I get other Post Aid Services?

Post Aid Services are not an entitlement, but are based on a budget of your needs and how the services will help you to maintain and advance in your job. You are eligible for up to twelve (12) months of services from the date you become employed, so long as you become employed within twelve (12) months of your CalWORKs case discontinuance date.

How long can I get Post Aid Services to help with childcare?

If you are receiving Post Aid Services to help with childcare, you will be referred for childcare assistance for your employment hours for up to two (2) years, which begins the first month your CalWORKs case discontinues.

Contact Social Services

Child and Adult Hotline Information:

  • If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
  • To report suspected child abuse or neglect call the 24 hour Child Abuse Hotline at (805) 781-KIDS (5437) or toll free 1-800-834-KIDS (5437)
  • To report suspected elder abuse or neglect call the Adult Services Hotline at (805) 781-1790 during regular business hours, or after business hours call (844) 729-8011