Aged and Disabled Programs
What is this service?
Aged and Disabled programs are Medi-Cal programs that allow more income and in some programs higher property limits to be eligible to zero share of cost Medi-Cal or for a monthly premium Medi-Cal Program.
Who can use this service?
This service is available to people who are over 65 years of age and Disabled (according to Social Security standards) individuals.
Is there a charge for this service?
The cost of this service can vary from zero to hundreds of dollars depending on the individual program, household income and household size.
What is the process?
Step 1: Medi-Cal Application
Applications for programs can be done by phone, fax, online, and in person at any of the six Department of Social Service Offices or online at www.coveredca.com or www.mybenefitscalwin.org. Offices are open 8-5 Monday – Friday excluding holidays
Step 2: Application Received and Verified
Once a Medi-Cal Application is received the information is verified, that information is then compared to the criteria of the many different Medi-Cal programs available.
Step 3: Eligibility Approved
If eligible you will have a case manager assigned, there will be instructions included on how to use these services and a managed care company that will assist you with choosing a primary care physician.
Step 4: Notification of Approval/Denial
Results of the approval or denial of your Medi-Cal application will be sent to you in writing.
When and where is this service offered?
Applications for programs can be done by phone, fax, online, and in person at any of the six Department of Social Service Offices or online at www.coveredca.com or www.mybenefitscalwin.org. Offices are open 8-5 Monday – Friday excluding holidays.
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
Morro Bay Social Services
600 Quintana Road Morro Bay , CA 93442
Tel: (805) 772-6405
Fax: (805) 772-6409
SLO Social Services- Higuera
3433 South Higuera San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Arroyo Grande Social Services
1086 East Grand Avenue Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
681 West Tefft Street Suite 1 Nipomo, CA 93444
Atascadero Social Services
9415 El Camino Real Atascadero, CA 93422
Paso Robles Social Services
406 Spring Street Paso Robles, CA 93446
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Aged & Disabled Programs cover?
Medi-Cal can be used for allowable medical services with providers who accept it. Providers can include hospitals, physicians, pharmacies and durable medical equipment. The following may be covered:
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services
- Emergency services
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
- Prescription drugs
- Programs such as physical and occupational therapy (known as rehabilitative and habilitative services) and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
Contact Social Services
Child and Adult Hotline Information:
- If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
- To report suspected child abuse or neglect call the 24 hour Child Abuse Hotline at (805) 781-KIDS (5437) or toll free 1-800-834-KIDS (5437)
- To report suspected elder abuse or neglect call the Adult Services Hotline at (805) 781-1790 during regular business hours, or after business hours call (844) 729-8011