Upcoming Event: Now Hiring Local Census Takers
Author: Administrative Office
12/6/2019 10:51:16 AM
Earn extra income while helping your community. The US Census Bureau will host a recruitment event at the County Government Center (rooms 161/162) in San Luis Obispo, CA on January 9, 2020 from 10-11:30 a.m.
In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting hundreds of people for temporary jobs in the San Luis Obispo County area. This is your chance to play a part in history.
The U.S. Census Bureau will host a local recruitment event at the County Government Center (rooms 161/162) in San Luis Obispo, CA on January 9, 2020 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Temporary census positions offer the perfect opportunity to earn extra income, while at the same time, helping your community. Did you know: The results of the 2020 Census help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding are spent locally for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. So it's important that everyone is counted.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.*
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
- If you are employed elsewhere, your current job must be compatible with Census Bureau employment and not create conflicts of interest. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Also, you must not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
Get more information and review available positions for employment at www.2020census.gov/jobs.
The U.S. Census Bureau's nearest regional recruiting office is located in Los Angeles. For job inquiries, contact Los Angeles Regional Office Recruiting at 1-800-992-3529 or at [email protected].