Important Notice Regarding COVID-19 and SLO County Board of Supervisors Meetings
Author: Administrative Office 805-781-5011
4/3/2020 11:47:28 AM
Based on guidance from the California Department of Public Health and the California Governor’s Office, in order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, in-person public attendance will not be allowed at Board of Supervisors meetings until further notice.
This approach is consistent with the approach being taken across our State and nation. Rather than personally attending Board of Supervisors meetings, consider the following:
- Remote Viewing/Listening - Members of the public who wish to watch or listen to the meeting can find links for livestreaming the meeting at: https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/Board-of-Supervisors/Board-Meetings,-Agendas-and-Minutes.aspx
- Public Comment - The Board of Supervisors will still be accepting general public comment for items not on the agenda, as well as public comment on specific agenda items. Public comment can be submitted in the following ways:
- Live Verbal Public Comment – At the start of the meeting or when the item you would like to speak about is called, please call (805) 321-0555. While you wait for your call to be screened, you will be hearing the meeting live on the other end of the phone. Staff will get on the line with you to screen your call, please be prepared with the agenda item number you would like to speak about and your name. Staff will then place you in a queue for the Clerk of the Board. When it is your turn to speak, the Clerk of the Board will announce your name and then you can speak for 3 minutes. If you are getting a busy signal, that means our queue is full, please continue to call until you get through.
- Voice Mail -Pre Recorded Verbal Public Comment - Call (805) 788-6638; state and spell your name, mention the agenda item number you are calling about and leave your comment. Verbal comments are limited to 3 minutes including stating your name. Please limit your comment to one (1) agenda item per message. If you would like to comment on multiple agenda items, you are requested to leave a separate message for each item. Verbal comments (voicemails) must be received by the Clerk of the Board no later than 9:00 a.m. on the morning of the noticed meeting and will be limited to 3 minutes per item. Every effort will be made to play your comment aloud at the meeting. However, some comments may not be included due to the time limitations. All comments will be entered into the administrative record and provided each board member.
- Email or Mail Public Comment - Public Comment can be submitted any time via email or U.S. Mail. Comments must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the Monday prior to the Board meeting. Please submit your comment via email to the Clerk of the Board at [email protected] or send comment. Your comment will be placed into the administrative record of the meeting and forwarded to each board member. Comments will not be read aloud or presented visually at the meeting.
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1055 Monterey St. D430
San Luis Obispo, CA 93408
For information about and updates regarding the Board of Supervisors meeting or public comment, visit the Board of Supervisors agenda page or call the County Administrative Office at (805) 781-5011.
For the latest information on the County of San Luis Obispo’s response to COVID-19, please visit www.ReadySLO.org.