County Prioritizes Homelessness for Next Fiscal Year
Author: Administrative Office
11/14/2019 8:54:49 AM
Homelessness has been adopted as a priority for the County's FY 2020-21 budget.
On Tuesday, Nov. 5, the County Board of Supervisors adopted new short-term priorities, updated its budget goals and policies, and revised the County’s strategies and approaches to balancing the budget for the coming fiscal year.
The Board directed County staff to focus on the following areas as they develop the budget for fiscal year (FY) 2020-21, which begins July 1, 2020:
- The County's legal obligations, which includes any local, State and Federal mandates and debts the County is required to pay.
- The following short-term priorities specific to next fiscal year:
- The Stepping Up Initiative
- Homelessness, including detoxification and rehabilitation
- Groundwater sustainability plans
- Economic development
- The following long-term priorities:
- Public safety services, such as law enforcement and offender rehabilitation services
- Road maintenance, construction and repair
View the current fiscal year priorities.
Watch or Listen to the Board's Discussion