Program Mission Statement:
To protect people, the environment and the food supply by ensuring the safe use of pesticides in San Luis Obispo County.
The Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measures conducts a comprehensive program in pesticide use enforcement to protect the health and safety of workers, the public, and the environment. Pesticides are registered and regulated by federal and state government codes, with the County Agricultural Commissioner being the primary local regulator.
Pesticide Use Enforcement
- Promotes food safety
- Protect agricultural workers
- Protects the environment
- Permits and monitors the safe use of pesticides
- Collects and reviews data
- Investigates misuse and accidents
- Enforces laws and regulations
- Educates and assists agriculturalists, homeowners, and maintenance gardeners