Program Mission Statement:
The product quality programs serve consumers and the agricultural industry by assuring that agricultural products meet quality standards.
The consumer is assured a quality agricultural product through inspections and compliance with applicable laws. Agricultural businesses are afforded a fair and equitable opportunity to market their products.
Certified Farmers' Markets
- Assures consumers are only offered products produced by the seller
- Allows agricultural producers the opportunity to market their products locally and directly to the consumer
- Investigates complaints and unlawful market practices
- Reduces pest movement on plants for sale
- Provide consumers with nursery stock that meets cleanliness standards
- Monitors shipments of plants for exotic pests
- Ensures quality and weed-free seeds
- Registers organic growers
- Inspects growing sites to assure compliance with the National Organic Program
- Investigates unlawful organic production practices
- Investigates complaints about false organic advertising