What is this service?
This service provides information about getting married in the Clerk-Recorder's office and scheduling a civil marriage ceremony.
COVID safety protocols
- Mask Policy: As of 2/16/22 the County's current indoor masking requirement will end for fully vaccinated individuals. However, unvaccinated people will still be required to wear a face-covering in all indoor public settings.
- Limit is four (4) people including witnesses.
- Appointments are required prior to arrival (ceremonies will not be performed without an appointment).
- Applicants must bring their own witness to the ceremony.
- You must have a marriage license prior to the ceremony. Please visit our self-service portal to complete the online license or come 30 minutes prior to the appointment to complete the license at a kiosk.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. Late arrivals may result in cancellation.
Who can use this service?
You must be at least 18 years of age and meet the marriage license requirements to be able to marry.
Is there a charge for this service?
Yes. Please refer to the Clerk-Recorder's Fee Schedule.
When and where is this service offered?
Marriage ceremonies will resume in our San Luis Obispo office starting March 3, 2022, at 2pm. Please call our office at 805-781-5080 to schedule an appointment.
Appointment times are as follows:
- Thursdays between 2pm - 4pm
- First and third Friday of each month between 2pm – 4pm
- Spanish speaking service offered on Wednesdays between 9 – 11am
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
1055 Monterey Street Suite D120 San Luis Obispo, CA 93408
Tel: (805) 781-5080
Fax: (805) 781-1111