Small Claims Court Locations

There are two branches of the San Luis Obispo County Superior Court. Each branch has a Small Claims Division.

You must make sure you file your case in the correct court (venue).

Venue = Where the defendant lives or does business. Where you entered into the contract or agreement (written or spoken), where an accident occurred, where a plaintiff’s property was damaged, where a plaintiff was injured. If you file in the wrong venue the court will dismiss your case because they won’t have jurisdiction causing you to lose your filing fees.

In San Luis Obispo County if your venue above is based on the following city file in:

San Luis Obispo Superior Court Branch:

Arroyo Grande, Avila Beach, Cayucos, Edna Valley, Grover Beach, Los Osos,

Morro Bay, Nipomo, Oceano, Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, San Luis Obispo

Paso Robles Superior Court Branch:

Atascadero, Bee Rock, California Valley, Cambria, Cholome, Creston,

Garden Farms, Harmony, Heritage Ranch, Paso Robles, San Miguel,

San Simeon, Santa Margarita, Shandon, Templeton


If you have questions on venue call the court or the advisory.

San Luis Obispo Superior Court Branch

Paso Robles Superior Court Branch

1035 Palm St Rm 385 (3rd floor)

901 Park Street (Civil Division)

San Luis Obispo, CA 93408

Paso Robles, CA 93446



Hours: 8:30am to 4:00pm

Hours: 8:30am to 4:00pm

Hearings Heard at another location

The Vet’s Hall / Veterans Memorial Bldg

801 Grand Ave

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Hearings Heard at the location above


For your convenience you may go to either court to submit your paperwork. You will have to tell the clerk which branch is the correct venue (SLO or PASO ROBLES).

If you have a disability and require specific accommodations, those matters should be brought to the courts attention by completing the Request for Accommodations by Persons with Disabilities and Response form MC-410.