Public Workshop for Draft Avila Community Plan
Author: Department of Planning and Building
7/13/2021 9:33:02 AM
Join us on August 5th for a public workshop to review and comment on the Draft Avila Community Plan.
On August 5, 2021, at 6:00 PM, the San Luis Obispo County Department of Planning and Building will host a public workshop via Zoom, to present and receive public input on the draft Avila Community Plan.
The Avila Community Plan establishes the vision for future growth, development, land use, and environmental protection in the community of Avila through the year 2050.
Key components of the plan include:
- Consolidation of several existing Avila planning documents into one comprehensive Community Plan.
- Strategic land use category changes to reflect existing uses, sensitive resources, and existing and future community needs.
- Continuation of coastal access opportunities and an evaluation of public events and residential vacation rentals.
- Identification of circulation improvements to enhance pedestrian, bicycle, and vehicle access, mobility, and connectivity.
- An assessment of secondary emergency access.
The draft Avila Community Plan incorporated community input gathered during a robust community outreach program, entitled Envision Avila, which included five community workshops, three virtual workshops, numerous stakeholder interviews, and nine subcommittee meetings hosted by the Avila Valley Advisory Council (AVAC).
Information about the Avila Community Plan and a link to the Public Review Draft can be found at the Avila Community Plan project website.
Zoom Meeting Information
The Public Workshop will be held via Zoom at 6:00 PM on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
Interested parties may connect to the meeting via the following link: