Online Services Instructions
What is this service?
The PermitSLO (formaly Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal) allows the public to interact with the EnerGov permit tracking and land management system. Through CSS, users have the ability to look up permit details, pay fees, and schedule building inspections. The systems also allows licensed contractors to apply for specific types of construction permits.
California Licensed Contractors
Before you may apply for a permit via the Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal, you must create an account and your license must be verified by Building staff. This is a one-time process.
- If you have not already done so, create a CSS account.
- Confirm your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent from the address [email protected]. Please note that this email may appear in your spam/junk mail folder.
- Complete the Contractor Verification Form by providing the email address used to create your CSS account, your business name (as listed on your license), and your CSLB license number.
- You will receive an email verifying your request has been submitted. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
- When your license has been verified, you will receive another email to proceed with permit applications.
Permits Available to California Licensed Contractors
- ePermits - instant permits, such as a water heater replacement or electrical panel replacement.
- Renewable Energy Permits - renewable energy permits requiring plan review, such as a photovoltaic system or an electric vehicle charging station. NOTE: Uploaded documents must adhere to specific document naming conventions for renewable energy permits.
Additional CSS Services
Additional Help and Information