This project will stabilize, rehabilitate and restore the Cayucos Veterans Memorial Building (also known as the historic Cass Warehouse) at Cayucos State Beach and create a safe and usable facility for community activities. As a historic building that meets the criteria required for listing in the California Register of Historical Resources,the design for the rehabilitation will follow the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the restoration of historic buildings.
October 3, 2018 Project Update
Recent Project Milestones
- August 2, 2018 - Permit application determined to be complete. Planning Department Hearing tentatively scheduled for October 5, 2018.
- August 16, 2018 - Draft USDA Loan Pre-application materials sent to local USDA office for review.
- September 17, 2018 - Completed USDA Loan Pre-Application submitted to the local USDA office.
- Schedule Steering Committee and Design Development Phase kick-off meetings for late October (pending project approval at 10/5/18 Planning Department Hearing and no appeal of their decision).
- Prepare materials for presentation to the County’s Debt Advisory Committee for funding recommendations.
- Review draft guidelines for the Cultural, Community and Natural Resources Prop 68 grant program. Solicitation for proposals expected to open in January 2019.
- County's 5-Year CIP program
- Prop 68- CA Parks, Environment & Water Bond:
- State and Local Parks
- Flood Protection
- Natural Resource Conservation
- USDA Rural Development Loan
- Local Support and Other Grant Opportunities
Project Schedule - Pending Successful Project Funding - Updated Below
Public Outreach Meeting - February 28, 2018
A Public Outreach Meeting including an outline of the situation, historical analysis, environmental analysis, proposed layouts, and public comments took place on February 28th. Click here to view the presentation.