This project will stabilize, rehabilitate and restore the Cayucos Veterans Memorial Building (also known as the historic Cass Warehouse) at Cayucos State Beach and create a safe and usable facility for community activities. As a historic building that meets the criteria required for listing in the California Register of Historical Resources,the design for the rehabilitation will follow the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the restoration of historic buildings.
July 11, 2018 Project Update
- February 20, 2018 - CA Dept of Parks and Recreation completes CEQA process- Notice of
- March 15, 2018 - Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application submitted to County Planning
- April 26, 2018 - Received comments back from County Planning regarding remaining items needed to complete the CDP applications
- Respond to County Planning comments on permit application by 7/25/18.
- Confirm Cal Fire, Cayucos Fire and the CCAC support proposal to convert Ocean Front Ave. to a one-way northbound street into the Vets Hall parking lot. This will allow for the addition of a pedestrian walkway in front of the restored Vets Hall and a loading zone on the opposite side. See attached sketch.
- County's 5-Year CIP program
- Prop 68- CA Parks, Environment & Water Bond:
- State and Local Parks
- Flood Protection
- Natural Resource Conservation
- USDA Rural Development Loan
- Local Support and Other Grant Opportunities
Project Schedule - Pending Successful Project Funding - Updated Below
Public Outreach Meeting - February 28, 2018
A Public Outreach Meeting including an outline of the situation, historical analysis, environmental analysis, proposed layouts, and public comments took place on February 28th. Click here to view the presentation.