This project will stabilize, rehabilitate and restore the Cayucos Veterans Memorial Building (also known as the historic Cass Warehouse) at Cayucos State Beach and create a safe and usable facility for community activities. As a historic building that meets the criteria required for listing in the California Register of Historical Resources,the design for the rehabilitation will follow the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the restoration of historic buildings.
July 3, 2019 Project Update
Recent Project Milestones
- March 30, 2019 - CA Natural Resources Agency staff visited with project and community representatives at Vets Hall to review the project on site as Step Two of the CCNR grant application process. The County will be notified in mid to late June on whether the project will advance to the final Step 3 of the grant application process.
- June 6, 2019 - Held Steering Committee meeting with stakeholders to update them on the project and kick-off the Construction Document phase of SDG’s contract.
- June 25, 2019 - Sent updated rear deck plan to Coastal Commission for review in response to their comments about increasing public access to the deck.
- July 1, 2019 - Received notification from the CA Natural Resources Agency that the Vets Hall project has advanced to the final Step 3 of the CCNR grant application process.
- Work on required items for the Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Prop 68 grant program (application is due August 5, 2019).
- Research other Prop 68 grant opportunities that will be upcoming later this year.
- County's 5-Year CIP program
- Prop 68- CA Parks, Environment & Water Bond:
- State and Local Parks
- Flood Protection
- Natural Resource Conservation
- USDA Rural Development Loan
- Local Support and Other Grant Opportunities
Project Schedule - Updated Below
Public Outreach Meeting - February 28, 2018
A Public Outreach Meeting including an outline of the situation, historical analysis, environmental analysis, proposed layouts, and public comments took place on February 28th. Click here to view the presentation.