This project will stabilize, rehabilitate and restore the Cayucos Veterans Memorial Building (also known as the historic Cass Warehouse) at Cayucos State Beach and create a safe and usable facility for community activities. As a historic building that meets the criteria required for listing in the California Register of Historical Resources,the design for the rehabilitation will follow the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the restoration of historic buildings.
September 5, 2018 Project Update
Recent Project Milestones
- July 24, 2018 - Submitted the required additional items requested by County Planning to accept the permit application as complete for processing.
- August 2, 2018 - Permit application determined to be complete. Planning Department Hearing tentatively scheduled for October 5, 2018.
- August 16, 2018 - Draft USDA Loan Pre-application materials sent to local USDA office for review.
- After receipt of USDA comments, send complete USDA Loan Pre-Application materials to local USDA office.
- Schedule Steering Committee and Design Development Phase kick-off meetings for late October (pending project approval at 10/5/18 Planning Department Hearing and no appeal of their decision).
- Pursue possible Prop 68 funding for project through the CA Natural Resources Agency.
- Solicit consultant proposals for soils/geotechnical report needed for foundation design development.
- County's 5-Year CIP program
- Prop 68- CA Parks, Environment & Water Bond:
- State and Local Parks
- Flood Protection
- Natural Resource Conservation
- USDA Rural Development Loan
- Local Support and Other Grant Opportunities
Project Schedule - Pending Successful Project Funding - Updated Below
Public Outreach Meeting - February 28, 2018
A Public Outreach Meeting including an outline of the situation, historical analysis, environmental analysis, proposed layouts, and public comments took place on February 28th. Click here to view the presentation.