This project will stabilize, rehabilitate and restore the Cayucos Veterans Memorial Building (also known as the historic Cass Warehouse) at Cayucos State Beach and create a safe and usable facility for community activities. As a historic building that meets the criteria required for listing in the California Register of Historical Resources,the design for the rehabilitation will follow the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the restoration of historic buildings.
May 1, 2019 Project Update
Recent Project Milestones
- February 13, 2019 - ‘Concept Proposal’ application submitted to the California Natural Resources Agency (NRA) for the Cultural, Community and Natural Resources (CCNR) Prop 68 grant program. Response from the NRA expected by May 2019.
- February 22, 2019 - Response sent to the CA Coastal Commission regarding their request for additional information needed to complete their review of the CDP application for items under their jurisdiction (rear deck and drill rig access on beach).
- April 23, 2019 - CA Natural Resources Agency informed the County that the CCNR Prop 68 grant application for the Vets Hall project has advanced to the 2nd step of the competitive 3-step application process. Agency staff will visit the project site on May 29th or 30th.
- Set up Steering Committee meeting in late May/early June to update stakeholders and kick-off the Construction Document phase of the project after expected BOS approval of Studio Design Group’s Phase 2 consultant contract on 5/21/19 (Construction Documents).
- Work on required items for the Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Prop 68 grant program (application is due August 5, 2019).
- Research other Prop 68 grant opportunities that will be upcoming later this year.
- County's 5-Year CIP program
- Prop 68- CA Parks, Environment & Water Bond:
- State and Local Parks
- Flood Protection
- Natural Resource Conservation
- USDA Rural Development Loan
- Local Support and Other Grant Opportunities
Project Schedule - Updated Below
Public Outreach Meeting - February 28, 2018
A Public Outreach Meeting including an outline of the situation, historical analysis, environmental analysis, proposed layouts, and public comments took place on February 28th. Click here to view the presentation.