This project will stabilize, rehabilitate and restore the Cayucos Veterans Memorial Building (also known as the historic Cass Warehouse) at Cayucos State Beach and create a safe and usable facility for community activities. As a historic building that meets the criteria required for listing in the California Register of Historical Resources,the design for the rehabilitation will follow the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the restoration of historic buildings.
December 5, 2018 Project Update
Recent Project Milestones
- October 5, 2018 - County Planning Department approval of MUP received at the October 5, 2018 hearing. The Notice of Final Action (NOFA) was sent to the CA Coastal Commission (CCC) on October 23rd and the CCC appeal period ended with no appeals filed.
- November 15, 2018 - Working Committee meeting held with representatives from State Parks, County Public Works, County Parks, County RPS and the Architect to kick-off the Design Development (DD) Phase of the project.
- December 4, 2018 - Board of Supervisors approve a $200,000 budget adjustment request (BAR) for the Vets Hall project, which will fund the Construction Documents phase of the project.
- Schedule progress meeting in January with SDG Architects to review development of DD package.
- Reconvene the Historic Committee during DD phase, to ensure we are meeting the historic requirements in the design of the facility.
- County's 5-Year CIP program
- Prop 68- CA Parks, Environment & Water Bond:
- State and Local Parks
- Flood Protection
- Natural Resource Conservation
- USDA Rural Development Loan
- Local Support and Other Grant Opportunities
Project Schedule - Pending Successful Project Funding - Updated Below
Public Outreach Meeting - February 28, 2018
A Public Outreach Meeting including an outline of the situation, historical analysis, environmental analysis, proposed layouts, and public comments took place on February 28th. Click here to view the presentation.