Replacement of Existing Guardrails at Various Locations Throughout San Luis Obispo County to Begin
Author: Public Works
6/28/2022 4:16:59 PM
The County of San Luis Obispo Department of Public Works will begin replacing guardrails in Los Osos, Cambria, and rural San Luis Obispo from June 28 through September 2022.
The height of the existing guardrails at these locations are below current state and federal guidelines and replacing them to the appropriate height will ensure compliance and increase safety.
For Los Osos, work is tentatively scheduled to start at:
June 28, 2022
- Pecho Valley Road – between Sand Spit Road and approximately 0.6 miles south of Sand Spit Road
July 11, 2022
- Ramona Avenue – between 8th Street and 10th Street
- South Bay Boulevard – at the intersection of South Bay Boulevard and Pismo Avenue
- South Bay Boulevard – at the intersection of South Bay Boulevard and Yama Lane
For locations in Cambria and rural San Luis Obispo during the months of August and September, work is tentatively scheduled at:
- Los Osos Valley Road – between Foothill Boulevard and Clark Valley Road, San Luis Obispo County
- Moonstone Beach Drive – between Kendell Lane and approximately 0.4 miles north of Kendell Lane, Cambria
- Charing Lane – between Windsor Boulevard and Croyden Lane, Cambria
For the safety of the public and workers, traffic will be reduced to one-way travel controlled by flagging and/or temporary signal control. Delays of up to 10 minutes can be expected. Motorists are advised to consider alternative routes. Please refer to the attached maps for the project locations.
R. Burke Corporation has been awarded the contract for $792,730. The project is funded by the Federal Highway Administration’s Highway Safety Improvement Program and the County Road Fund.
For more information, please contact Jimmy Tomac at (805) 781-4476.