Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) - Business Owner Information

What is the process?

Becoming Vendor: How to become a RMP vendor

To participate in the RMP, the restaurant owner must first enter into an agreement with the state by completing the forms linked below:

Forms: California Department of Social Services application

The two forms, PSA and RMP Program and Restaurant Vendor Intake Form must be submitted to the CDSS RMP Unit at [email protected]. To be considered for a RMP agreement, CDSS must receive both forms.

Determination: CDSS application determination

  • The CDSS will review both forms and make a determination of RMP potential eligibility. If approved, they will provide the business vendor a signed PSA.

Application: USDA-FNS application

  • To become an authorized RMP restaurant vendor, business owners must also apply federally with the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services (USDA-FNS).
  • Review and complete the USDA SNAP APPLICATION FOR MEAL SERVICES (FNS 252-2) and gather all required supporting documentation, as noted in the FNS 252-2.

Submit App: Submit the RMP application package to the USDA-FNS

  • Do not submit an application package to USDA-FNS until you have been approved by CDSS and received your signed PSA.
  • Once approved at the state level by the CDSS, submit your RMP application package to USDA-FNS via email to [email protected].  OR
  • You may also mail your application package to the following address:

USDA-Food and Nutrition Services
PO Box 7228
Falls Church, VA 22040

  • Your application package will consist of the signed PSA provided by the CDSS, the completed FNS 252-2, and required supporting documentation, as noted in the FNS 252-2.

Federal Level: USDA-FNS application determination

  • The USDA-FNS will review your RMP application package and respond with their determination
  • This process can take up to 4 months.
  • Please contact the USDA-FNS directly for updates on your application; CDSS will not have this information.

Approval: USDA-FNS Approval

  • Once approved, you must acquire a POINT OF SALE (POS) MACHINE that will accept CalFresh Food Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) transactions and post the RMP VENDOR SIGNAGE on your restaurant storefront.
  • RMP restaurant vendors are responsible for the cost of setting up a POS Machine. In addition, the POS Machine must be in full operation before an announcement is made to the public of the restaurant vendor’s RMP status.

Denial: USDA-FNS Denial

  • If the application package is denied, you are welcome to reach out to FNS directly at 1-877-823-4369 for more information.

Restaurant owners who operate a restaurant located in San Luis Obispo County may use this service.

There are no fees/dues that a restaurant owner must pay for the Restaurant Meals Program. 
If you choose to sign up with the State’s EBT vendor you will be charged for the use of the Point-of-Sale (POS) device.  
To learn more, contact goEBT about the RMP or visit or contact goEBT by phone. 
Email: [email protected]
Call: (800) 277-5165
Note: If you choose to integrate EBT into your current commercial Point-of-Sale equipment, you will need to contact your vendor and ask about additional fees.

Restaurant owners in San Luis Obispo County can apply to participate as a vendor of the Restaurant Meals Program by contacting the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) by email at [email protected] or their website at

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Social Services

Child Hotline Information:

  • If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
  • To report suspected child abuse or neglect call the 24 hour Child Abuse Hotline at (805) 781-KIDS (5437) or toll free 1-800-834-KIDS (5437)

Adult Hotline Information:

  • If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
  • To report suspected elder abuse or neglect call the Adult Services Hotline at (805) 781-1790 during regular business hours, or after business hours call (844) 729-8011
  • Mandated Reporter