Members are appointed for terms of three years. The members consist of representatives from the following types of organizations:
- Elected Officials (1 County Supervisor and 1 elected City Councilperson from each of the seven incorporated cities)
- Minimum of 2 County Government Service Providers (e.g. Health, Planning, Social Services, Veterans Services, Probation)
- Minimum of 2 Currently or Formerly Homeless Persons
- Minimum of 2 Advocates
- Affordable Housing Developers
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Minimum of 2 Public Safety Organizations
- Behavioral Health Agencies (including mental health and substance abuse focused agencies)
- Minimum of 2 Nonprofit Homeless Assistance Providers
- Organizations Serving Homeless Veterans
- Housing Authority
- County Office of Education
- Local School Districts
- Social Service Providers
- Victim Service Providers
- Other Community Organizations
In an effort to broaden the base of support and increase collaborative participation, the HSOC will have no more than two voting representatives, staff or Board members, from an agency or organization.
*At Large Seats may be held by representatives from any of the following categories: County Government Service Providers, Currently or Formerly Homeless Persons, Advocates, Affordable Housing Developers, Businesses, Faith-Based Organizations, Hospitals, Public Safety Organizations, Behavioral Health Agencies, Nonprofit Homeless Assistance Providers, Organizations Serving Homeless Veterans, Housing Authority, County Office of Education, Local School Districts, Social Service Providers, Victim Service Providers, and Other Community Organizations.
Current HSOC Members (as of September 2023)
To apply for membership on the HSOC, please complete this membership form and return to [email protected].