The Behavioral Health Board is an independent oversight body whose objectives include to:
- Review and evaluate the community’s behavioral health needs, services, and facilities.
- Ensure services are provided to improve and maintain the health of individuals and families affected by mental health and substance use issues.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors and the Behavioral Health Administrator.
- Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional involvement in program planning processes.
- Review and comment on the County’s performance outcome data and communicate its findings to the California Mental Health Planning Council.
- Assess the impact of realignment of services on the local community to make recommendations for any service level reductions or expansions.
Behavioral Health Board meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at The Health Agency Campus in San Luis Obispo (2180 Johnson Ave., San Luis Obispo, CA).
To apply for the Behavioral Health Board, (please complete an application) and bring in person to the next meeting.
For more information please contact Laura Zarate ( [email protected] , (805) 781-4719)