Adelaida Area Hydrogeologic Study
The County of San Luis Obispo is coordinating with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to conduct a hydrogeologic study in the Adelaida area west of the City of Paso Robles (click here to view an interactive map of the preliminary study area). The goal of this study will be to provide a better understanding of the hydrogeologic conditions in the Adelaida area and provide a factual basis for the development and support of potential future groundwater management actions by the County.
Task 1 of the Adelaida area study is currently underway. During this Task, USGS will be:
- Compiling and reviewing existing hydrogeologic and geologic data within the study area
- Identifying additional data collection needs to further evaluate the hydrologic system
To receive email notifications and updates on the Adelaida area hydrogeologic study, please click here.
Click the link above to access the Interactive Data Viewer for the preliminary Adelaida study area. This is an interactive mapping system to help you navigate around the study area by panning, zooming, or searching for a specific parcel or street address that you would like to locate. There are different map layers that can be shown and superimposed in this interactive mapping system such as boundaries of groundwater basins, cities, roads, or other entities by checking the layer names indicated on the left panel layer menu.
To search and locate a specific APN or street address on the map:
- Enter either the nine-digit parcel number (APN) including hyphens or the complete street address in the “Search...” bar on the upper right-hand corner of the map screen and then click on the search button to locate it. The APN or street address that you just entered will appear on the left panel and a location marker will show up on the map to identify the location.
- Click on the APN or street address name shown on the left panel layer menu will zoom in to the specified location for a close-up look.
For background information on the Adelaida area hydrogeologic study, please click here. For additional information, please visit the USGS study website by clicking here.
How can I get involved?
- Check back to see project updates and meeting announcements.
- Show up at upcoming meetings.
- Sign up for the Adelaida area mailing list by clicking here!
Contact Public Works via web form, email, or call us at (805) 781-5252.