Adelaida Area Hydrogeologic Study
The San Luis Obispo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District is coordinating with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Upper Salinas-Las Tablas Resource Conservation District (RCD) to conduct a groundwater study in the Adelaida area west of the City of Paso Robles (click here to view an interactive map of the preliminary study area). The goal of this study is to provide a better understanding of the groundwater conditions in the Adelaida area so that informed decisions can be made about managing local water resources.
Online Community Meeting for the Adelaida Area Groundwater Study
A recording of this meeting has been posted to the following website:
Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM
The RCD will be hosting an online community meeting on Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. where USGS will provide an update on the study and detail how the community can participate in the initial data collection process. Data of interest for the study includes well construction information, groundwater level data, water use information, groundwater chemistry data, and geological data. All members of the public who can provide information regarding current or historical groundwater conditions in the Adelaida area are encouraged to attend.
Join the online meeting from your computer or smart phone:
- Click on the Zoom meeting link
- Enter Meeting ID: 997 429 4604
- Enter Password: Ecology
Join the meeting from your telephone:
- Dial +1 (669) 900-6833
- Enter Meeting ID: 997 429 4604
- Enter Password: 042434
Click here to access the Interactive Data Viewer for the preliminary Adelaida study area. This is an interactive mapping system to help you navigate around the study area by panning, zooming, or searching for a specific parcel or street address that you would like to locate. There are different map layers that can be shown and superimposed in this interactive mapping system such as boundaries of groundwater basins, cities, roads, or other entities by checking the layer names indicated on the left panel layer menu.
To search and locate a specific APN or street address on the map:
- Enter either the nine-digit parcel number (APN) including hyphens or the complete street address in the “Search...” bar on the upper right-hand corner of the map screen and then click on the search button to locate it. The APN or street address that you just entered will appear on the left panel and a location marker will show up on the map to identify the location.
- Click on the APN or street address name shown on the left panel layer menu will zoom in to the specified location for a close-up look.
To receive email notifications and updates on the Adelaida area hydrogeologic study, please join the mailing list by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Data of interest for the study includes well construction information, groundwater level data, water use information, groundwater chemistry data, and geological data.
If you have questions or would like to provide current or historical groundwater data for this study, please contact:
Devin Best, Executive Director
Upper Salinas – Las Tablas Resource Conservation District
Consent Form for Data Use
For additonal information on the Adelaida area hydrogeologic study, please visit our partner websites listed below.
For additional background information, please click here.
- Attend community meetings
- Provide groundwater data by contacting Devin Best, Executive Director of the Upper Salinas – Las Tablas Resource Conservation District by:
- Join the mailing list to receive study updates via email by clicking here
Contact Public Works via web form, email, or call us at (805) 781-5252.