Ombuds Program

Either a person receiving support (PRS) or a person paying support (PPS) may file a complaint over the handling of a child support case. Complaint forms are available at each Local Child Support Agency (LCSA) and on the California Department of Child Support Services website.

The LCSA cannot resolve complaints regarding actions taken by the court, such as the amount of a child support order, custody, visitation, or spousal support orders. Only the court can resolve these matters.

The LCSA will resolve complaints about:

  • Customer service
  • Timeliness of service
  • Payment and billing issues
  • Decisions to close a child support case

Related Services