The Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) will take the necessary steps to establish parentage. Parentage must be established before child and medical support can be ordered by the Court. A Voluntary Declaration of Parentage (VDOP) will also establish parentage. Please let us know if one exists.

If a court order for child support does not already exist, and the person paying support (PPS) is located, one will be sought by DCSS and established by the court based on both parents ability to pay support, the amount of time the child spends with each parent, and the financial needs of the child. DCSS will also request that the court require the PPS/obligor to provide health insurance for the child.

Related Services

Related Documents