6 Ways to Stay Safe This Halloween
Author: Administrative Office
10/29/2018 1:17:39 PM
Halloween night doesn’t have to be scary. Follow a few tricks to make your night a treat.
Halloween night doesn’t have to be scary. By following these tricks, your night will be a treat.
According to the nonprofit organizations SafeKidsWorldwide and American Academy of Pediatrics, when out trick-or-treating:
- Stay on the sidewalk and only cross at street corners using traffic signals and crosswalks when present. Make sure to look both ways before you cross
- Parents, accompany children under the age of 12 and organize trick-or-treat groups for older kids
- Plan your route ahead of time and set a time to be back home
- Make your costumes easier to see in the dark by adding reflective tape or using a flashlight or glow stick
- Check your candy before digging in, and make sure to throw away any unwrapped treats
- Portion out candy consumption over a period of time
In the community:
- Drivers, stay extra alert for trick-or-treaters in the evening from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- If you stay home to pass out candy, keep porches well-lit and remove any tripping hazards
Have a safe and Happy Halloween!