Few County Offices, Facilities Closed on Third Day of County Employee Strike
Author: Administrative Office
12/13/2018 10:31:53 AM
Fewer facilities and offices will be closed or have limited hours on the third day of the County labor strike.
Most County of San Luis Obispo offices and facilities are open today, the third day of the San Luis Obispo County Employees’ Association (SLOCEA) labor strike. Relatively few services will be closed or have limited hours, including:
- Airport: The terminal is open, and the flight schedule will be uninterrupted, but the Airport’s business office is closed.
- Clerk Recorder: The Atascadero office is closed today, but the San Luis Obispo office is open.
- Library: The Atascadero branch is open today until 6 p.m. All other branches of the County library are closed today.
- Planning and Building: The office is open, but no new land use permits or building permits will be processed today. However, information services are available, and services are available for building permit corrections or matters involving previously issued building permits.
Services that were closed yesterday or had limited hours due to the strike and are now open include:
- Behavioral Health: All offices, clinics and services are open and drug testing is resuming today.
- Public Health: All clinics are open.
All other offices and facilities are open, but some services may be slightly delayed. County officials have provided similar updates all week. All employees are expected to return to work on Friday, December 14.
Members of the public can report concerns related to strike activity and check for regular updates, including frequently asked questions and facts, at www.slocounty.ca.gov/SLOCEA-Strike-Info.
For media inquiries, please contact CAO Wade Horton at (805) 781-5011 or [email protected]