First Day of County Employee Strike to Impact Several Services
Author: Administrative Office
12/11/2018 10:00:30 AM
Most County offices and facilities are open today, with some closures and limited hours.
The County of San Luis Obispo expects the following impacts to services today due to the San Luis Obispo County Employees’ Association (SLOCEA) labor strike, which began this morning:
- Airport: The terminal is open, and the flight schedule will be uninterrupted. The Airport’s business office is closed.
- Behavioral Health:
- Atascadero Youth Services, SLO Youth Services, South County Youth Services, Martha’s Place, and SAFE are open today.
- Day treatment will not occur unless staff are present.
- Therapeutic Learning Classrooms and school-based services will not occur unless staff are present; schools have been informed.
- Substance Use Disorder (drug/alcohol) adult clinics are open with reduced hours in Grover Beach, San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, and Paso Robles from 8 – 5 p.m. with closure for one-hour lunch from 12 – 1 p.m. Doors will be open; staff will triage crises, schedule and re-schedule appointments, and take payments.
- Clerk-Recorder: The Atascadero office is closed today. The San Luis Obispo office remains open.
- Library: Atascadero and Arroyo Grande branches are open today until 6 p.m. All other branches of the County library are closed today.
No other services are expected to be impacted today. County officials plan to provide similar updates to the public every day of the strike this week. All employees are expected to return to work on Friday, December 14.
Members of the public can report concerns related to strike activity and check for regular updates at www.slocounty.ca.gov/SLOCEA-Strike-Info.
For media inquiries, contact CAO Wade Horton at (805) 781-5011 or [email protected].