The Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) will take the necessary steps to establish paternity. Paternity must be established before child and medical support can be ordered by the Court. A voluntary declaration of paternity will also establish paternity. Please let us know if one exists.

If a court order for child support does not already exist, and the non-custodial parent is located, one will be sought by DCSS and established by the court based on both parents ability to pay support, the amount of time the child spends with each parent, and the financial needs of the child. DCSS will also request that the court require the non-custodial parent/obligor to provide health insurance for the child.

Related Services

Establish Child and Medical Support
Establish Paternity (Parentage)

Related Forms & Documents

Access My Case
Child Support Forms
Child Support Handbook
Establish Paternity
eCommunications Enrollment
Update My Address
Statewide Customer Service Survey--English
Statewide Customer Service Survey--Spanish

Apply for services below.

Apply for Services

Solicitar Servicios