Asphalt Overlay Paving and Sidewalk Improvements in Oceano
Author: Public Works
8/3/2020 11:01:13 AM
The County of
San Luis Obispo Department of Public Works will begin an asphalt paving project, including upgrades to sidewalks, gutters and accessible curb ramps in Oceano at the following locations:
- Airpark Drive from Railroad Street to Pier Avenue
- Norswing Drive from Mendel Drive to Pier Avenue
- Truman Drive from Highway 1 to Norswing Drive
- Pershing Drive from Norswing Drive to Highway 1
- Dewey Road from Mendel Drive to Pershing Drive
- Mendel Drive from Airpark Road to Railroad Street
- Railroad Street from Highway 1 to Pershing Drive
- 22nd Street from Silver Spur Place to Pike Street
Work will begin August 3, 2020 and is expected to be completed by November 2020, weather permitting.
For the safety of the public and the workers, traffic will be subject to detours or reduced to one-way controls with flaggers and pilot cars as required for each phase of the work. Hours of the lane closures will be Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Delays are expected to be up to 10 minutes during major operations. Motorists are advised to adjust their travel plans in consideration of the delays. Please see map for road locations.
This work is required to maintain the pavement condition in order to provide a smooth, safe road and to avoid costly repairs in the future. The curb ramp upgrades are required to meet the current standards for accessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The project is funded by San Luis Obispo County Road Maintenance funds, and SB-1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017.
R. Burke Corporation of San Luis Obispo, CA, has been awarded a contract for $1,394,573 to upgrade curb ramps, repair gutters and sidewalks, and rehabilitate the asphalt pavement.
Please feel free to contact Brian Uder, Project Manager at (805) 788-2931 with any questions or comments.