A Portion of the Mission Lands of San Luis Obispo Map of 1858
The County Surveyor’s Office is responsible for the review of subdivision maps, Records of Survey, and Corner Records for the County of San Luis Obispo. The County Surveyor’s Office is also charged with maintaining accurate land survey records for the County of San Luis Obispo.
Our FY 2022-2023 Fee Schedule became effective on July 1st, 2022. You can download it through this link.
What we do:
- Review subdivision maps and documents for conformance with State and County law.
- Review Records of Survey and Corner Records for conformance with State and County law.
- Maintain records and indexes of survey related documents as required by State law.
- Provide survey related information to the public.
- Prepare, review and approve various district boundaries for the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO).
- Provide survey monument preservation research for county capital improvement projects.
- Provide Right-of-Way information for the Department of Public Works.
- Provide land surveying services to other County departments.
What we don't do:
- Surveys for private property owners
- Recommend private Surveyors
- Conduct private property easement research
- Offer legal advice
- Make boundary determinations
Digital map submittal process:
Please select this link for the procedure for digital submittal of Records of Survey and Corner Records for County Surveyor review.
National Geodetic Survey (NGS)