County Surveyor - Edward M. Reading
The County Surveyor’s Office is responsible for maintaining accurate land survey records for the County of San Luis Obispo.
What we do:
- Review subdivision maps and documents for conformance with state and county law.
- Review Records of Survey and Corner Records for conformance with state and county law.
- Maintain records and indexes of survey related documents as required by state law.
- Provide survey related information to the public.
- Prepare, review and approve various district boundaries for the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO).
- Provide survey monument preservation research for county capital improvement projects.
- Provide Right-of-Way information for the Department of Public Works.
- Provide land surveying services to other County departments.
What we don't do:
- Surveys for private property owners
- Recommend private Surveyors
- Private property easement research
Services we offer:
Links to other useful sites:
For more information please contact the County Surveyor:
Edward M. Reading, PLS 8081
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 805-781-5265