The Suicide Prevention Council of San Luis Obispo County meets monthly on the 4th Thursday of the month from 3:00pm - 4:30pm via Zoom. Log in to the following link to join us:
Zoom meeting link (opens in new window)
2023 Suicide Prevention Council Upcoming Meeting Dates:
- January 26th - Virtual
- February 23rd - In Person (virtual option)
- March 23rd - Virtual
- April 27th - In Person (virtual option)
- May 25th - Virtual
- June 22nd - In Person (virtual option)
- July 27th - Virtual
- August 24 - In Person (virtual option)
- October 26th - In Person (virtual option)
- November - TBD
- December - TBD
Suicide Prevention Council of SLO County Mission Statement:
To prevent suicide and respond to the consequences in a culturally sensitive way through community collaboration between agencies, organizations, and community members by means of public education, training and the sharing of resources:
- To advocate for a stronger support system for those struggling with suicide and its consequences.
- To challenge misconceptions regarding mental illness and suicide through community collaboration.
- To work together to create lasting change and support for those struggling with suicide and its consequences.
- To create a community that supports and embraces those who struggle with suicide.
- To create and environment of HOPE.