Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
What is this service?
Every Woman Counts is a statewide program that arranges, directs, and pays for screenings for uninsured and underinsured women in an effort to reduce breast and cervical cancer mortality rates in California. This includes free clinical breast exams, mammograms, pelvic exams, and pap tests.
Who can use this service?
Any woman can use this service.
What is the process?
Step 1: Call for Information
Call (805) 781-5500 to find out if these services are right for you.
Is there a charge for this service?
Free screenings are available if you:
- are 40 years old or older (for breast cancer screening)
- are 40 years old or younger, but have breast cancer symptoms
- are 21 years old or older (for cervical cancer screening)
- have low income (EWC Income Criteria)
- have no or limited insurance
- are not getting these services through Medi-Cal or another government-sponsored program
- live in California
If you don't qualify under the above criteria, the EWC Coordinator may know of other low-cost screening programs that might be available to you. For more information, visit CA's Every Woman Counts website.
When and where is this service offered?
Services are offered at the locations listed in the Locations section of this page.
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
Public Health Clinic - SLO-Reproductive Health
Mondays 8-11, Thursdays 8-5
2180 Johnson Avenue San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
723 Walnut Drive Paso Robles, CA 93446
Tel: (805) 237-3050
Fax: (805) 237-3057