Comprehensive perinatal services are provided by physicians in the areas of obstetric, psychosocial, nutrition and health education services, and related case coordination.
This includes initial assessment, trimester reassessments, post-partum assessment, interventions and follow-up services in:
- Prenatal care and individual case coordination
- Education on eating healthy
- Prenatal vitamins
- Childbirth education
- Help with social or emotional problems
- Help with breastfeeding and newborn care
- Referrals to Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program, genetic screening, dental care, family planning and pediatric care
For complete details, visit California's CPSP website.