Road Maintenance Requests

Anyone can use this service.

This service is provided free of charge.

What is the process?

Step 1: Verify a County Roadway

Verify the sign, streetlight, or roadway is maintained by The County. Lists of each of these items are provided below.

Step 2: Fill out Form

Road Work Request
This request should be used for work requested on Roads, Trees, Traffic, and Signs on COUNTY MAINTAINED ROADS.
Is this a new Issue?:

( ) -
Enter security code:
 Security code
Enter the "security number" displayed to the right of the box "Enter security code".

For questions, comments, or requests during business hours - Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM - please contact the Public Works Department at (805) 781-5252 or use the Contact Us form.

For emergency requests, requests on weekends, evenings, and holidays please contact the California Highway Patrol at (805) 593-3333.

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Public Works Main Office

Monday - Friday 8-5

976 Osos Street Room 206 San Luis Obispo, CA 93408

Tel: (805) 781-5252

Fax: (805) 781-1229

Frequently Asked Questions

Which Signs and Roads are Maintained by The County?

Please view the County Maintained Road List for a list of roadways maintained by The County.

Which Signals are maintained by The County?
South Bay Boulevard at Santa Ysabel (Los Osos)
Los Osos Valley Road at Doris Avenue (Los Osos)
Los Osos Valley Road at 9th / 10th Street (Los Osos)
Los Osos Valley Road at South Bay Boulevard (Los Osos)
Los Osos Valley Road at Foothill Road (Los Osos)
Los Osos Valley Road at Palisades (Los Osos)
Tefft Street at Thompson
Tefft Street at Mary Avenue (Nipomo)
Tefft Street at Orchard Avenue (Nipomo)
Tefft Street at Pomeroy Road (Nipomo)
Tefft Street at Oakglen Avenue (Nipomo)
Vineyard Drive at Main Street (Templeton)
Orchard at Division
Main at Pine Knolls
South Bay at El Morro
Las Tablas at Bennet
San Luis Bay at Avila Beach Dr
Avila Beach Dr at 1st St
Willow at Pomeroy (In Design)
Which Streetlights are Maintained by The County?
The County does not maintain streetlights in San Luis Obispo County. For Outages or other problems please report directly to PG&E via their website or by calling 1-800-743-5000.

Contact Public Works via web form, email, or call us at (805) 781-5252.