Contact us and ask to speak to an information planner to discuss your project. If the planner recommends a pre-application meeting, you may schedule the meeting by submitting an online request form here. General Plan Amendment applications require a pre-application meeting, and a pre-application meeting is recommended for a Conditional Use Permit/Development Plan and Tract Map applications.
Pre-application meetings are intended to aid prospective applicants in understanding the required rules and regulations that apply to their land use, subdivision, or general plan amendment project, and to reveal potential problems. The goal of providing a pre-application meeting is to make the permitting process with Planning as efficient and understandable as possible.
A pre-application meeting is required for General Plan Amendment applications, such as:
- Land Use Element/Local Coastal Plan map or text amendment
- Land Use Ordinance/Coastal Zone Land Use Ordinance text amendments
- Property request submitted during Land Use Element/Local Coastal Plan area plan update
- New specific plans and amendments to existing specific plans
- Amendment to any other element of the General Plan
A pre-application meeting is recommended for the following types of applications:
- Conditional Use Permit/Development Plan
- Tract Maps