Trafficking & Crime Victims Assistance Program (CW)

What is the process?

Step 1: Apply for TCVAP Services

To apply for the Trafficking & Crime Victims Assistance Program, the applicant needs to apply for the CalWORKs Program. 


To apply online at MyBenefits or contact your local Social Services office to apply in person, Monday-Friday, between 8:00 am-5:00 pm.


  • Paso Robles (805) 237-3110
  • Atascadero (805) 461-600
  • Morro Bay (805) 772-6405
  • San Luis Obispo (805) 781-1600
  • Arroyo Grande (805) 474-2000
  • Nipomo (805) 931-1800

Step 2: Submitting Evidence to Appropriate Agencies

Applicants will need to attend an in-person interview at the Social Services office nearest their home.  At the interview, the applicant will need to share that he/she or a family member has been a victim of trafficking or crime. 


Applicants need to provide proof of being a trafficking victim by submitting evidence from police, government agency, court records, domestic violence program, copy of completed T Visa application (Form I-914), or legal, clinical, medical, or other professional from whom applicant has sought assistance in dealing with crime. This proof can be provided at the interview if it is available or the case worker will request that the proof be provided before eligibility can be determined. 


Non-citizen victims of crime and their eligible family members in the TCVAP are potentially eligible for benefits and services to the same extent as refugees.

Who can use this service?

Victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, and other serious crimes who are not eligible for state or Federally-funded benefits and services due to immigration status or those victims awaiting Federal benefits may use this service.
TCVAP provides critical benefits and services to non-citizen victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, and other serious crimes. These services include:

  • Cash assistance
  • Food assistance
  • Medical assistance
  • Social services
  • Employment services  

These services are in place to assist the client with social adjustment and facilitate self-sufficiency while they are working with law enforcement on their case, working with a service provider, or seeking immigration relief.  TCVAP benefits and services are also available to the client's eligible family members. Clients must meet income and resource requirements for each benefit.

Is there a charge for this service?

This service is provided free of charge.

When and where is this service offered?

You can apply online at or contact your local Social Services office, open Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm (Closed on County-observed holidays).

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Social Services

Child Hotline Information:

  • If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
  • To report suspected child abuse or neglect call the 24 hour Child Abuse Hotline at (805) 781-KIDS (5437) or toll free 1-800-834-KIDS (5437)

Adult Hotline Information:

  • If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
  • To report suspected elder abuse or neglect call the Adult Services Hotline at (805) 781-1790 during regular business hours, or after business hours call (844) 729-8011
  • Mandated Reporter