What is this service?
Pre-application meetings are intended to aid prospective applicants in understanding the required rules and regulations that apply to their land use, subdivision, or general plan amendment project, and to reveal potential problems. The goal of providing a pre-application meeting is to make the permitting process with Planning as efficient and understandable as possible.
A pre-application meeting is required for General Plan Amendment applications, such as:
- Land Use Element/Local Coastal Plan map or text amendment
- Land Use Ordinance/Coastal Zone Land Use Ordinance text amendments
- Property request submitted during Land Use Element/Local Coastal Plan area plan update
- New specific plans and amendments to existing specific plans
- Amendment to any other element of the General Plan
A pre-application meeting is recommended for the following types of applications:
- Conditional Use Permit/Development Plan
- Tract Maps
Who can use this service?
Anyone can use this service.
Is there a charge for this service?
Please refer to the Department of Planning & Building Fee Schedule for application fees.
Please note: Final costs are determined by which departments and agencies might be required to attend your Pre-Application Meeting, and will be calculated from the above fee schedule.
When and where is this service offered?
This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.