Body Art Practitioner Registration
What is this service?
This service provides instruction to individuals wishing to become a Registered Body Art Practitioner.
This service also allows for Registered Body Art Practitioners to submit their registration documents required annually in order to maintain current Body Art Practitioner registration each year.
What is the process?
Step 2: Submit Registration Form
Submit a completed Body Art Practitioner Registration Form.
Please note, this application is not a health permit application to operate a Body Art Facility. A separate health permit application must be completed and returned along with the applicable health permit fee to operate a Body Art Facility. This application is for practitioners to obtain a certificate of registration from the County of San Luis Obispo Environmental Health Services Division.
Step 3: Submit hep B vaccination evidence or declination form
Provide evidence of current hepatitis B vaccination, including applicable boosters, unless the practitioner can demonstrate hepatitis B immunity or has complied with current federal OSHA hepatitis B vaccination declination requirements. Submit a Hepatitis B Vaccination Declination Form, if applicable.
Step 4: Complete OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Training
Prior to registering with Environmental Health Services, a practitioner shall complete a Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Training program specific to body art activities.
- Training must be updated and submitted annually.
- Records of training required shall be maintained for three years and shall be available for inspection upon request.
Step 5: Provide Proof of Age
Registered Body Art Practitioners must be at least 18 years of age.
Step 6: Ensure Knowledge of and Commitment to Meet Requirements
As a condition of registration, a Registered Body Art Practitioner shall provide self-certification of, knowledge of, and commitment to meet state law and relevant local regulations pertaining to body art safety.
- By signing the Body Art Practitioner Registration Form, you are ensuring knowledge of requirements and a commitment to comply. No additional forms are required. Informational documents to assist in compliance with part are provided below.
Step 7: Provide Operating Location Information
Provide the business address and the address at which the Registered Body Artist will perform any regulated body art activity.
Who can use this service?
This service is available to Body Art Practitioners operating, or planning to operate, within San Luis Obispo County.
Is there a charge for this service?
Please refer to our Fee Schedule or contact our office at (805) 781-5544.
When and where is this service offered?
This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.
Please visit us, email us, contact us, or call our office to begin the process.
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
2156 Sierra Way Suite B San Luis Obispo , CA 93401
Tel: (805) 781-5544
Fax: (805) 781-4211
Environmental Health Supervisors
(805) 781-5553; [email protected]
- Beach Water Quality, Cross-Connection, Land Use, Small Public Water Systems, Water Well Programs and Vector Programs
(805) 781-5595; [email protected]
- Body Art, Food Protection, Swimming Pools and Spas.
(805) 781-5554; [email protected]
- Hazardous Materials (CUPA) Programs