Mobile Food Facility Inspection
What is this service?
This service allows you to request an inspection of your Mobile Food facility operated within San Luis Obispo County.
Please note, operation of a mobile food facility without a valid health permit or without a valid health permit sticker affixed to the mobile food facility is a misdemeanor and may be punishable by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25) or more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).
What is the process?
Step 2: Submit Required Forms
New forms will be required if existing ones are out of date or incomplete.
Step 3: Pass an Inspection
Contact our office to schedule an inspection to verify compliance and equipment function.
- Compliance and Equipment Function: Ensure that the mobile food facility is in a fully operational state. Cold and hot water and cold and hot holding equipment may be verified as properly functioning during the inspection.
Step 4: Receive and Display a Valid Operator Permit
- A paper permit will be issued by mail after payment is received.
- A vehicle permit sticker will be affixed to your mobile food facility by the inspector after passing an inspection.
Who can use this service?
This service is available to all Mobile Food facilities either confirmed as required to be regulated by the Environmental Health Services Division or new facilities which are looking to obtain an initial inspection to determine if a health permit is required.
Is there a charge for this service?
Annual Health Permit fees are required for Mobile Food Facilities regulated by the Environmental Health Services Division. The fee provides one routine inspection and one reinspection. Additional chargeable inspections may be required if compliance is not achieved during the routine and first reinspection. No fee is required for an initial consultation to determine if a health permit is required. Please refer to our Fee Schedule or contact our office at (805) 781-5544.
When and where is this service offered?
Inspections are performed throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.
Please visit us, email us, contact us, or call our office to request an inspection of your mobile food facility or to request a copy of a regulated mobile food facility inspection report.
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
2156 Sierra Way Suite B San Luis Obispo , CA 93401
Tel: (805) 781-5544
Fax: (805) 781-4211
Environmental Health Supervisors
Leslie Terry (805) 781-5553; [email protected]
- Beach Water Quality, Cross-Connection, Land Use, Small Public Water Systems and Water Well Programs
Aaron LaBarre (805) 781-5595; [email protected]
- Hazardous Materials (CUPA) Programs
- Body Art, Food Protection, Swimming Pools and Spas, and Vector Programs