Maryanne Zarycka and Anita Shower
Fall Location September through December 2023:
Empleo Building, 3563 Empleo Street, Conference Room 1, SLO
Medicare Open Enrollment for 2024 - Information and Changes
Brainstorming Results - June 2023
- Provide current information about resources which meet the needs of the senior population
- Listen to concerns of the senior population.
- Recommend and advocate to the Board of Supervisors on behalf of the County’s senior population when action is needed to protect County senior services.
Areas of Concern 2023-2024
(see Brainstorming Report June 2023 for detailed list)
1. Housing - Affordable
2. Care Management and Support
3b. Education to Easily Navigate Resources (including Analog access)
4. Transportation/Public Access
5. Health and Wellness
6. Medical Support
7. Legal Advocacy – Awareness and Assistance
8. County/Agency Support Requests
Who Serves on SLOCOA?
Appointees represent each supervisorial district; agencies such as the Area Agency on Aging, Department of Social Services, Adult Services Division; and senior service providers. In addition, there are five “at large” representatives who are knowledgeable about community senior issues, attend monthly meetings, and are willing to distribute news of concern to their senior peers.
View a listing of the Commission members.
MONTHLY MEETING INFO FLYER
The Commission meets the 4th Wednesday of the month from 10:00 to Noon (November's & December's meetings are subject to cancellation depending on holidays) at the:
DSS Building, 3433 South Higuera Street, Room #101, San Luis Obispo
Agenda & Minutes - Prior Years
Members of the public are welcome to attend Commission meetings and provide input (Member Application).
If you have comments or questions for the San Luis Obispo County Commission on Aging please email [email protected].